Monday 22 April 2013

Finding Possibilities in my Sketchbooks

I really shouldn't be starting new paintings, I have enough for my exhibition, but I was going through my old sketchbooks and found two plein air pieces that I thought might be good worked up into full pieces.

The first is an old watercolour, that I continued working on later at the place I was holidaying and I kind of overdid it.  I have no additional photographs of the place (I didn't carry a camera around quite so much in those days and it was before I got into digital photography) so I have to work from this sketch alone.  I wonder if I can do it?  It will be fun trying:


Oh dear, it is quite bad, isn't it?  I am very embarrassed to show this!

The next one is not much better, I worked in pastels on this one and, again, brought it back home and worked on it further.  Likewise, no additional backup photograph, but it is a local scene here and I can go back and refresh my memory, although the bales won't be there, I am sure!


Well, it is worth a try and I will post here my results! 

No comments: