Friday, 20 March 2015

New Talismans in Progress

I have some backgrounds prepared, ready to be assembled into more talismans.  They are very satisfying to make, the whole process employs so many different techniques: painting, stenciling, stamping, collage, scribing, sewing and that is before I get to the really fun part of adding the little figures and their jewels.

When I started on the background sheets last week, I took photos, intending to do a step-by-step of the process, but I got involved this week and totally forgot to take more photos.  I will do this at some time, promise!

14 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Sounds like you would have a great book / video to offer to the world! These are just wonderful!

Rolina said...

Thanks Chris, oh that reminds me, I want to make a video as well!

Sheila said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Win Dinn said...

Such powerful colour there, Rolina - I'm very much looking forward to seeing those finished talismans!

Mellowood Gallery said...

I really like the variety you have going and I understand how easy it is to forget to take photos - once you are in the zone that is all that matters. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product, Rolina. Happy creating!

Linda said...

I love the colours here!

Rolina said...

Thanks Sheila, Win, Val and Linda! I am enjoying doing these so much!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

I do the same, forget to take photos when I want to show people how I do something since I get lost in working :p

Rolina said...

Heh, Jennifer, I am glad I am not the only one!

Weekend-Windup said...

It looks very beautiful!

Debbie said...

Lovely! Can't wait to see your process!

Rolina said...

Thanks Weekend Windup and Debbie!

Jessica P said...

You are so clever <3

Sandy Sandy said...

These are some exciting backgrounds, Rolina!