Monday 22 June 2015

The Bigger Picture

In yesterday's post, I showed you a painting for Summer of Colour that I made in two pinks and orange.  What I didn't show you, was the bigger picture - the image was just part of a larger whole.

Here is the larger painting in progress, you can see, I have already made changes to the parts shown yesterday.

There is much more still to be done, but I am loving the process.  It is an extension of the ideas that have been forming during my mindfulness sketchbook sessions and it is such fun to be able to get them onto a larger canvas (well, board in this case) at last.

9 comments:

TinaCollins said...

Another feast for the eyes, there really is no stopping you right now, totally loving everything you are producing.

stapeliad said...

I absolutely LOVE seeing your process.

.....And your art supplies....

<3

Rolina said...

Thanks Tina, I am really enjoying exploring my inner mind and putting it down on "paper", I hope the results are as pleasing to others as they are to me to produce.

Jessica, thanks, too - I love seeing other "works in progress", so thought I would share this, even if my workplace is an utter shambles! Here I have been using pastels, charcoal and System 3 (mostly) acrylics - not worrying too much about the outcome (well, probably worrying a bit)!

Chris Lally said...

Your blog is just - fun! I love seeing your process, too, and am in love with your textures and color palettes.

AprilRimpo said...

As always, I'm fascinated by your process. I can never predict where you are headed, which is so much of the fun.

Jennifer Rose said...

your work place isn't in shambles, its clean compared to mine :p

reminds me of a very loose painting of a beach scene :)

Linda said...

I love watching your work, and your talent never disappoints me! :)

SMV said...

Wow! Don't the complementary colours look gorgeous together? Great job!

Rolina said...

Thank you so much, Chris, your comment made me so happy!

April, I cannot always predict where I am going either.

Jennifer, it is worse outside the photo frame, I really must tidy up soon or I may never find anything again.

Thank you Linda!

Also, thank you too, Sharon, I just love juxtaposing colour against colour, it makes them sing!