Sunday 24 July 2011

Church Ruins

I haven't much to report on the progress of my latest painting as I have had a very busy week.  I have managed to redo the sky a little.  I hope to have more to show in a day or two.

In the meantime, here are a group of photos that I have taken over the years.  The subject of ruined churches appeals to me, especially the ones in a rural setting.  Part of me thinks that I would like to do a series of paintings of this subject, but on the other hand, the original photos are good enough to stand alone as they are.

3 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Yes, the photos stand alone, but what a great series it would be!

Ron Guthrie said...

Beautiful views of these old stone churches. I took photos of an old stone church we found while visiting friends in Kansas but have yet to paint it. Great photos!

Ingrid Ormestad said...

Great photos Rolina, the ruined Kirk reminds me of the graveyard in Blackford. I was born and bred in Dundee and moved to Edinburgh many years ago. I too love the beautiful Scottish hills. :)