Tuesday 21 April 2015

Works in Progress

I have two large canvases on the go, both 24" x 36" and they take a lot longer to complete, so all I have to show for my hard work this week are some detail shots.

This is the top left of canvas no.1, I love the play of  pink against the green and the pink scribing pulling the two areas together.

This is bottom right of the same canvas, here I am enjoying the play of green and purple.  There is a lot of texture built up in the many layers that I have applied so far.















This is on canvas no.2 and although it seems chaotic, I love the many layers and the lost and found symbols.




















This area is the top left of the painting - just a note here, I quite often flip the paintings around and what starts as the top, may not end as the top!

Both these canvases are going to have some experimental work on them, while I try out layering landscape lines and elements.  It may go horribly wrong, but I have to try!

15 comments:

TinaCollins said...

You are so good with colour, these sneak previews are scrummy. Of course you are equally good with texture, design and composition etc., etc. I just love what you are producing recently - you are definately in great period of creativity. Dont forget to let me know which Goddesses you still have available :).

stapeliad said...

I am always so impressed by your use of color. That green is amazing, but wouldn't be so without the other colors around it.

Rolina said...

Thanks Tina, I am really enjoying all this experimentation, it is the most excited about art I have been for years! Contacting you re the goddess talismans.

Jessica thanks for your lovely comment, it is the pink that makes the green sing, the colours are like a fresh watermelon, I think. Nature has it sussed, I just steal her ideas!

Chris Lally said...

What fun! I love that you flip the paintings around and work so intuitively. Great post, Rolina. Can't wait to see the finished pieces.

Rolina said...

Thanks Chris, some get flipped more than others, but it does give me a new perspective if I am struggling.

Jennifer Rose said...

could go wrong but it could also go very right :) worth trying either way :D

Rolina said...

So far, it's not looking good :/

Jennifer Rose said...

but you wouldnt have known that without trying, just don't want you to think it was a waste of time :)

Rolina said...

Yes, I had to try and it is how we learn, trial and error. Next time will be better!

Linda said...

I love how you use colour, Rolina, I love your art! :)

AprilRimpo said...

I love where these have started, Rolina, and am anxious to see the landscape elements. Your work is always so intriguing. Really makes me take some time to check out all that you have going on as I look through the layers.

kaslkaos said...

Awesome close-ups. Love the colours. I just added your blog to my reading list so I won't lose track.

SMV said...

I love your work, Rolina, love it! It just goes from strength to strength.
Sharon

Kathy Elliott Art said...

I love the colors and the way they vibrate off of each other!

Rolina said...

Thanks so much Ingrid, Sharon and Kathy!