Monday, 8 June 2015
Boundaries Series - Push it
Liking the results in the sketchbook, I decided to try it out on a prepared canvas (the one in the last post, that looked like a snow scene).
First I painted over the lovely burnt paper effect (it is OK, I now know how to replicate it if or when I need to), with a few layers of acrylic paint. I always start with darker colours and work towards lighter as I progress. Well, when I say always, I mean mostly (sometimes I deviate from this).
But I am happy that I tried and I have pinned this up on the wall, where it will stay with many other experiments until I AM happy with the results!