Tuesday 2 June 2015

Summer of Colour 2015

Mindful Sketchbook page
It starts today (1st June)!

There is a blog, a Facebook page and a Flickr hosted by Kristin of Twinkle Twinkle blog, that runs the  Summer of Colour challenge.  It has been running for the last few years, this year is the fifth and, after wanting to take part since the very beginning, I am finally going to join in.

When I first heard about it, I was working a lot in photography, I used to have a Flickr site and post photos there regularly and fully intended for a couple of years to take part, but for various reasons never managed it.  

I love colour (did you guess?) and this challenge will be great fun for me.  The work can be in any medium, paint, collage, textile, nail art, ATCs - basically anything!  It is open to participants of all levels, beginners to professionals alike, even children.  I shall be working in my sketchbooks, on canvas and on some art jewellery during the six weeks that it is running.


15 comments:

stapeliad said...

Oh Rols this is so exciting! you have always had an amazing way with color, no matter what the media.

Are we Flickr friends?? We should be Flickr friends.

I am really excited to see your summer color, and congrats for participating this year!

(also, if you use a lot of color YOU GET TO BUY MORE! :D )

Joy said...

Colorful and interesting!

Rolina said...

Thanks Joy!

Jessica, you make a great point about using up colour meaning I can place an order at my art suppliers - not that I needed any more encouragement.

I no longer have a Flickr account, I left a few years ago as I got a bit too busy with work and painting, photography took a bit of a back seat, apart from photographing artworks!

Joanna said...

Hi Rolina!

Looking forward to seeing what you do for Summer of Color :)

I'm now your latest follower!

x

Rolina said...

Thanks Joanna!

Nancy Chan said...

This Summer of Colour 2015 sounds very interesting. Waiting to see more of your contributions.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Good for you, Rolina - it's such a lovely feeling to commit to something that's been on the back burner for a while, isn't it? I look forward to seeing what evolves for you!

Jennifer Rose said...

I am going to try to participate, and just make a mess printing on my gelliplate probably :p

Rolina said...

Thanks Nancy - who knows what I will produce, it will be a bit of a hotch-potch, I think!

Win, yes, I feel the time is finally right at last.

Jennifer, I am so glad you will give it a go as well, I think the commitment is one a week, so not too bad.

Jennifer Rose said...

yeah, one a week seems doable. didnt manage everyday for May but this I might be able to do (unless the docs decide to do jaw surgery this month but then I could draw in hospital)

Boo G said...

Great page

SMV said...

Wow! These are going to be really interesting and I look forward to them. You totally understand colour and your images are lovely.

Rolina said...

Thanks Boo and Sharon!

Sheila said...

Sounds like fun - look forward to seeing your work :)

Green Thumb said...

Love this one! love the colors and theme.