Saturday 10 January 2015

Day 10 Mixed Media Explorations - Paint Markers

This painting is on acrylic paper which I stretched before use, but it still buckles when a lot of water is used.  I think I prefer either canvas or watercolor paper.

I started by applying some scrim and then I continued with layers of paint.  I finished with some writing using an oil-based marker, Uni-Paint with a medium nib. I love the bold marks it makes.

I then put a light wash over part of the painting, to unify the elements.






10 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Love it! How big is this piece, Rolina? I love your use of line and the texture of this piece. Your work is so unique!

Rolina said...

Thanks Sandy, this piece is 7x7 inches - my intention to stay within 6x6 inches has missed the mark on many days. Some have been as large as 12x12!

Andersson Blue Design said...

So good to see your wonderful series continuing. Keep it up! Thanks for your answer earlier, I read it .. belated.

Rolina said...

Thanks Andersson Blue, it is fun seeing our paintings as they amass, isn't it?

Sheila said...

Love this!

http://cagleyart.blogspot.com/ said...

I really like the colors and your use of the marker.
Connie

Unknown said...

I love your vibrant colors. I have a feeling it took guts to then wash over them in places. Nice!

Rolina said...

Thanks Sheila, Cagley Art and Doris. Yes it can be quite terrifying, although sometimes I hear myself cackling, lol!

AprilRimpo said...

Great piece. I'm learning a lot through you experiments too.

Rolina said...

Thanks April, this intense way of working (who needs sleep anyway?) really does seem to encourage advancements.