A part of today's painting is some found bargello stitching on coarse canvas. I felt it helped represent the fences found in the landscape. It took a while to fit in properly, the wool just became fluffy and messy as I painted on it (and the colours were unexciting 1970 browns). I ended up enclosing it in sewing pattern tissue. The coarse canvas was hard to integrate as well, but I added some modeling paste to the bottom, which itself created some lovely texture.
Away from the wet media, I have been looking through past sketchbooks and for ideas.
I have also been having fun cutting some more stencils. Can hardly wait to use them!